Tuesday 29 August 2017

NYX Cosmetics Cape Town & Perfect Filter Palette Review

NYX cosmetics is finally here! Yes!I can finally, try all these products that I see on YouTube but never get to try 😁😁😁
As you can imagine, I dragged my BFF to Canal Walk, because needs must. I didn't queue at Unholy O'clock for the Goody bag, because I prefer sleep over most things these days. secondly, it didn't turn out well on some devoted fans who ended up missing out on freebies because some reorganizing of the queue.
Anyway we grabbed some coffee and took a place in the line, not for the store but at the NYX promotional stand in the food court; you could have your makeup done by local beauty influencers @kimlyn_makeuphair and @rushanaisaacs. They also had props for some selfies and had spin and win competition for those with proof of purchase from the store.


I didn't want to stand in the queue for the store like I did last weekend for the UD store; so we did our grocery shopping stopped for lunch and then went to the store. We didn't have to wait for than 15 minutes to get in the store, but the store was busy and it's not big, plus the excited junkies everywhere, I was out of patience. So I didn't really get a chance to explore the store at leisure; I did see a couple of things that I want to pick up when the hype dies down. I only picked up one item, and that's the Perfect Filter eye shadow palette in Olive You. I've been wanting to try this palette since it's being lauded as a dupe for the controversial ABH Subculture palette on social media, also I really like the colours.

My Favorites
NYX has some of my favorite drugstore goodies; I'm an avid fan of their primers. I love the eye shadow bases so much I have 3 of them 🙈. My absolute fav is the matte white, it creates the perfect canvas for my bright eye shadow looks and my makeup lasts all day without creasing or smudging. I've also been using the Angel Veil face primer for the last couple of weeks. I picked it up at a NYX store in Singapore a couple of weeks ago and since it was never available in the Clicks stores. It's got rave reviews - here's a review by Jackie Aina where she compares it to a high-end one.

My Favourite eyeshadow bases


Wish list
Proof It! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer - because why not? They claim it's waterproof..I'll happily test that.
Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder highlighters in Snow Rose, Twilight Tint & Synthetica- I swatched some of these on Saturday...they're amazing, but not for the faint of heart. Someone say "highlighter to the gods".
Coloured Felt Tip Liners - in blue and green.
In Your Element collection - Fire palette (launching on  NYX website on 4 September, but I'm seeing it a lot on Social Media (check out the swatches here on iluvsarahii Instagram page).

The Perfect Filter palette in Olive You


Two of the looks achieved with the Perfect Filter palette
The colours used in the look on the left are marked with green dots, and for the look on the right, those shadows are marked with red dots.
This is a good everyday palette; it's a good combination of mattes and shimmers. I have tried using it on a naked lid, but the colour payoff is way better when I use primer. Also there's quite a bit of fallout, so don't be rough with your brush when picking up colour. I used the white eyeshadow base for both the looks above.
I think I'll do a one palette, one week palette and use this palette for the rest of week. I'll post the results on my Instagram page.

That's it for now, fellow junkies. I really recommend visiting the store and trying out what they have to offer; we finally have a decent range of everything the brand has to offer.

See you in my next post, xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment